National Gambling Board of South Africa
The responsibility of the National Gambling Board (NGB) are clearly stated in the national Act. The NGB carries out the oversight of gambling in the Republic of South Africa by evaluating the issuing of national licences by the Provincial Licensing Authority (PLA) and by evaluating the compliance monitoring of licensees by PLA.
The NGB conducts the oversight evaluation of the performance of provincial licensing authorities to ensure that the national norms and standards established by the national Act are applied uniformly and consistently throughout the country.
- The National Gambling Act 2004
- The National Gambling Policy 2004, 2016
- Socio-economic gambling impact in South Africa 2017
- Major structural changes evident in the gambling industry in South Africa 2017
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 10 003 3475
- Fax: +27 86 618 5729
- Address: Eco Glades 2, 420 Witch-Hazel Ave, Eco Park, Centurion, 0144
- Website: https://www.ngb.org.za/
Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board
The Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board controls and regulate betting, gambling and horse racing within the Western Cape province. Their aim is to provide a stable, fair, consistent and effective regulatory environment where they inspire the public with confidence and trust. The WCGRB strives for an environment free from corruption, unlawful gambling and racing activities.
- List of licensed operators, casino and bookmakers
- List of recommended online casinos in South Africa
- Western Cape 18th Gambling & Racing Amendment Act 2013
- Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board – General Rules
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 21 480 7400
- Fax: +27 21 422 2614
- Address: 100 Fairway Cl, Parow, Cape Town, 7500
- Website: https://www.wcgrb.co.za/
Gauteng Gambling Board
The Gauteng Gambling Board (GGB), as a leading regulator in the gambling industry, is dedicated to preventing problem gambling and promoting responsible gambling practices. The GGB has launched an extensive public awareness campaign to reduce gambling risks. Working with key stakeholders in the gaming industry, the GGB is fully committed to equip people with the knowledge to gamble responsibly.
- Gauteng Gambling Act
- Gauteng Gambling Regulations
- Gauteng Gambling Rules
- Gauteng Gambling Board Annual Report 2017-2018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 11 581 4800
- Fax: +27 11 581 4903
- Address: District of Freedom, 125 Corlett Dr, Bramley, Johannesburg, 2018
- Website: https://www.ggb.org.za/
Eastern Cape Gambling Board
The mission of the Eastern Cape Gambling Board (ECGB) is to ensure the Eastern Cape gaming industry conducts itself honestly and competitively, with maximum contribution to society, and to protect public interest through regulation, licensing and appropriate enforcement.
The Entity’s strategic goals are to provide excellent services to its stakeholders; institutionalise an international, competitive regulatory system; establish sound institutional oversight arrangements and systems in order to administer socio-economic development commitments that arise from licence conditions; develop a high-performance value-based organisation that recognises ECGB employees as its most important assets; and optimise revenue collection for the socio-economic benefits of underprivileged communities.
- Eastern Cape Gambling Act 1997
- Eastern Cape Betting Rules 2017
- Annual Performance Plan 2017/18 and 2019/20
- Easten Cape Strategic Plan 2015/16 and 2019/20
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 43 702 8300
- Fax: +27 43 748 2218
- Address: Quenera Dr, Beacon Bay North, Beacon Bay, 5241
- Website: http://ecgb.org.za/
Free State Gambling and Liquor Authority
The mission of the Free State Gambling and Liquor Authority is to effectively and efficiently develop, transform and regulate the gambling and liquor industry to contribute towards accelerated shared economic and social growth in the province.
Their mandate is to regulate both the Gambling and Liquor industries through the issuing of licenses, monitoring and regulating, and reporting to the responsible Member of the Executive Council on all matters relating to the these industries in the Free State.
- Free State Gambling & Liquor Act, No 6 of 2010
- Free State Gambling & Liquor Amendment Act, No 3 of 2011
- Free State Gambling Regulations of 1998
- Provincial Gazette for Free State No 52, 02-November-2012 (Latest annual report)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 51 404 0300
- Fax: +27 51 404 0322
- Address: 111 Zastron, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9300
- Website: http://www.gla.fs.gov.za/
KwaZulu-Natal Gaming & Betting Board
The KwaZulu-Natal Gaming & Betting Board strive to be the premier gambling regulator in the country, consistently maintaining and enhancing public trust with integrity, transparency and credibility. They also aim to transform the gambling industry for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
They swear to protect the interest of the public by ensuring the integrity of legalised gambling of strict enforcement of applicable legislation, the licensing of qualified entities and individuals, and fulfilling the objectives of the Provincial Government to deliver a significant source of revenue, enhance tourism, develop and transform the gaming and horse racing industry, whilst promoting broad socio-economic and employment opportunities.
- KZN Gaming and Betting Tax Act No.9 of 2010
- KZN Gaming and Betting Amendment Act, 2017 (Act No.4 of 2017)
- KwaZulu-Natal Gaming and Betting Board – Betting Rules – October 2016
- KZN Gaming and Betting Board regulations
- KwaZulu-Natal Gambling Stats 2019
- KwaZulu-Natal Betting stats 2019
- KwaZulu-Natal Annual Report 2018/19
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 33 345 2714
- Fax: +27 33 342 7853
- Address: KZNGBB House, Redlands Estate, 1 George Macfarlane Lane, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
- Website: http://www.kzngbb.org.za/
Mpumalanga Economic Regulator
The Mpumalanga Economic Regulator (MER) envisions to be at the forefront of effective regulation of the gambling and liquor industries. Their mission is to ensure the integrity of the gambling and liquor industries through efficient regulation within the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa.
The objectives of the Regulator are to regulate the gambling and liquor industries in the Province in terms of the relevant legislation and to ensure the suitability of all persons wishing to participate in the gambling and liquor industries within Mpumalanga
- Mpumalanga (MER) Gambling Acts 2007 & 2017
- Mpumalanga Gambling Regulations 2014
- Mpumalanga Gambling Rules 2018
- Mpumalanga Annual Gambling Performance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 13 750 8000
- Fax: +27 13 750 8099
- Address: First Avenue, White River, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa, 1240
- Website: https://www.mer.org.za/
North West Gambling Board
The mission of the North West Gambling Board is to be a leading and socially conscious authority in the regulation of gambling in the world. They envision to provide effective and efficient regulatory services and maintain a gambling industry, which contributes to socio-economic growth and development.
The Entity’s strategic goal is to regulate business activities in the province to create a conducive legal, business and socio-economic environment for business prosperity. The goal statement is to roll-out Limited Payout machines; facilitate the discussion on the reallocation of the fifth casino license; license Bookmakers and Totalisators; combat illegal gambling in the province; and promote responsible gambling.
- North West Gambling Act 2 of 2001
- North West Gambling Regulation of 2002
- North west Gambling Rules of 2003
- North West Gambling Annual Report 2016/17 (Latest annual report)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 18 384 3215
- Fax: +27 18 384 2290
- Address: 131 University Drive, Mmabatho, 2790
- Website: http://www.nwgb.co.za/
Limpopo Gambling Board
The Limpopo Gambling Board envisages a credible, viable and regulated gambling industry in the Province, which provides exciting leisure opportunities that contribute to economic development. They state that they are committed to the promotion of the gambling industry for the benefit of the people of the Province, by ensuring compliance with the law, provision of appropriate leisure facilities and sustainable local economic development.
Their objective is to promote a culture of responsible gambling in the Province, to ensure the eradication of all forms of illegal gambling in the Province. As well as ensuring a creation of an organisation capable of recruiting, retaining, continuously developing its workforce, and aiming at enhancing its effectiveness and employee well-being.
- Limpopo Gambling Act, 2013
- Limpopo Gambling Regulations 2011
- Limpopo Casino Gaming Regulations 2013
- Limpopo Betting Regulations 2013
- Limpopo Gambling Board Annual Report 2019
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 15 230 2300
- Fax: +27 86 505 3460
- Address: 8 Hans Van Rensburg Street, Polokwane, 0700
- Website: https://www.lgb.org.za/
Northern Cape Gambling Board
The Northern Cape Gambling Board (NCGB) dedicates Its time and effort to ensuring responsible and legal gambling throughout the Northern Cape. The Northern Cape Gambling Board (NCGB) is a statutory body reporting to the Provincial Department of Finance, Economic Development and Tourism.
The institution has the responsibility to perform all functions assigned to it in terms of the Northern Cape Gambling Act or any other legislation by advising, reporting or making recommendations to the Responsible Member on any matter relating to the control of gambling in the Northern Cape Province.
- Northern Cape Gambling Act 2008
- Northern Capen Gambling Board Annual Report 2015 (Latest annual report)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 81 761 9101
- Fax: +27 53 831 1483
- Address: 31 Mac Dougall St, Monument Heights, Kimberley, 8301
- Website: http://ncgb.co.za/