Berttingcompanies.africa Privacy and Data Policy
This is https://bettingcompanies.africa (the ‘Website”. This portal intends on providing people around the world with news and information about gambling around Africa. On this page you will find both our Privacy and Cookie Policies.
The Company acknowledges that in collecting Your Personal Data We are bound by the laws of Serbia and will process Your Personal Data in accordance with the DP Law and the European GDPR. For any further request or query about how We use Your Personal Data, You may address Our Data Protection Officer through the following email address: dpo[at]bettingcompanies[dot]africa
Any Policy, demand, request or other communication which You address to the Company shall either be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by e-mail. All communication done by e-mail shall be deemed received on the business day following the day of transmission.
Capitalised terms in this Policy shall have the meaning assigned to them under the GDPR, and shall be construed accordingly. Furthermore, the following definitions shall apply:
- Account – an account provided to You by the Company upon Your registration.
- GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, as amended, replaced or superseded and in force from time to time.
- Services – the Services provided by the Company through the Website.
- User – any person who registers an Account or accesses and browses the Website (‘You’, ‘Your’).
What Kind of Data Do We Collect?
The Company collects and processes the following Personal Data:
- IP Address;
- End user device data;
- Browsing data; and
- General user data.
We fully respect Your fundamental rights and consider protection of Your Personal Data to be a priority. Accordingly, when processing Your Personal Data, We follow the following basic principles:
- We submit Your Personal Data only to lawful and fair processing, and We maintain full transparency vis-à-vis the way We handle Your Personal Data.
- We process Your Personal Data only to the extent that it is necessary and appropriate to purposes for which it is collected.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that Your Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, updated with regard to the purposes of the processing, taking all reasonable steps to immediately delete or correct it in case of inaccuracy.
- We process Your Personal Data in a manner that guarantees its security by using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- In general, We comply with all applicable laws statutory obligations, as Data Controller of Your Personal Data.
Why We Collect Data
The Company may process Your Personal Data to fulfill its obligations under the Terms and Conditions, for the following purposes:
- Administration and development of the Website and the Services;
- Enhancement of user experience, including the provision of personalized Services and improvement of the Website and the Services;
- Development of new products, utilities and offerings;
- Collection, processing and performing statistical and other research and analysis of information; and
- Verifying compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Website.
How We Use Personal Data
The Company may process Your Personal Data only with Your lawful consent for the following purposes:
- Commercial communication, marketing and advertising of Our Services or third-party services; and
- Conducting surveys for research purposes and User recruitment exercises.
You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time in writing to Our contact details mentioned in this Policy. Withdrawal of Your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment of Your data prior to its revocation.
Sharing Your Information
In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of Your Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, deletion, alteration or other use, the Company applies appropriate internal policies and takes all appropriate organizational, technical and procedural security measures, as well as technical standards, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The processing of Your Personal Data by the Company is conducted in a manner that ensures confidentiality and security, taking into account the latest developments, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as the risks for Your rights and freedoms, which are applicable in each circumstance. Your Personal Data is processed solely by authorised personnel of the Company, bound by strict obligations of confidentiality.
We retain Your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the relevant purposes of processing explained in this Policy, in accordance with the Data Minimisation and Storage Limitation principles. After the period of retention, Your Personal Data is erased from Our databases and systems.
If you’ve never heard of a DPO before, that’s probably because it is a new position that has been mandated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is a new set of EU regulations that went into effect in May 2018.
GDPR does several things, but its main purpose is to govern how websites handle the privacy of their users and the private data that they collect. It also provides consumers with a variety of rights that they may assert when it comes to protecting their privacy and data on the internet. If you’d like to read a more detailed explanation of GDPR, you can find one here: https://www.eugdpr.org/. If you want more information about the Serbian data protecion laws, you can read more here: https://www.dataguidance.com/notes/serbia-data-protection-overview
Queries About Usage of Your Data
Cookies We Use
Essential Cookies: Essential cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions, such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and are strictly necessary to provide Our Services. They can also be placed to comply with a legal obligation. Essential cookies are session cookies, and expire once You close Your browser. The essential cookies that are used on this Website are the following:
- Non-Essential Cookies: These are any cookies that do not fall within the definition of essential cookies. Non-essential cookies require Your consent. The non-essential cookies used on this Website are the following:
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow Us to improve the website’s performance and services based on Your activity on Our Website.
- Third-party cookies: In certain instances, We use third party cookies, which are cookies provided by parties other than Us. We always ensure that these parties are reputable and will respect Your privacy. We make use of the following third-party cookies:
- Analytic/Performance Cookies: These cookies are set by:
- Analytic/Performance Cookies: These cookies are set by:
- Social Media Cookies: We may place social media buttons and/or plugins on the Website that allow You to connect with Your chosen social network. In order to work, the social network (such as Facebook or Twitter) will set cookies through Our Website which may then be used to enhance Your profile on the social networking site or otherwise contribute to the data they hold for the purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
We would like You to know that We do not store any of Your Personal Data in cookies. We anonymise all data to keep Your Personal Data as safe as possible.
Third Party Cookies
The following table is a summary of the third party cookies that are used on Our Website:
|_ga||.bettingcompanies.africa||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.bettingcompanies.africa||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.||1 day|
|_jsuid||.bettingcompanies.africa||Analytics||This cookie contains random number which is generated when a visitor visits the website for the first time. This cookie is used to identify the new visitors to the website.||1 year|
Managing Your Cookies
Most web browsers today allow You to control cookies through the settings and preferences of Your browser of choice. It is possible for You to disable cookies or set Your browser to alert You when cookies are being sent. You can delete all cookies that are already on Your computer and You can set Your browser to prevent them from being placed. If You do this, however, You may have to manually adjust some preferences every time You visit a website and some services and functionalities may not work. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://aboutcookies.com/ or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If We make significant changes, We will let You know but please regularly check this Policy to ensure You are aware of the most updated version.
How to Contact Us
- Are you concerned about your data in regards to GDPR? Please contact: dpo[@]bettingcompanies.[dot]africa